-
April 10th, 2006, 02:14 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Last week i received an email from an ebay seller claiming that my AG doll was damaged by the post office. I requested a full refund. Now she has sent me another email claiming that she has a replacement doll to send me. I'm not sure what to do about this. I have a bad feeling about the whole deal now and really want my money back but maybe this "replacement" is ok and i should accept her. Meanwhile i spent the weekend sick in bed which is actually a good thing because it means the money i would have spent is free for an AG purchase. So should i just buy my girl from AG and insist on a refund or get 2 dolls?
-
April 10th, 2006, 02:22 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I'd probably ask to see pictures of the replacement doll before deciding. If the replacement looks iffy, just say you'd rather just go ahead with the refund and wish the seller luck with the replacement doll.
-
April 10th, 2006, 02:23 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I'd ask for photos of the replacement.
-
April 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Me, too. I wouldn't want them to send anything that I wasn't sure of!
-
April 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM
#5
Inactive Member
-
April 11th, 2006, 01:49 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Yeah, the neighbor having the exact same doll sounds very suspicious to me; in that case, I would probably get the refund at this point too.
-
April 11th, 2006, 03:38 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Is the replacement doll the same doll as you originally purchased or a totally different doll? Where did she get the replacement doll? Is she new? I would definately want to see pictures, since the replacement doll is not the one you actually bid on and paid for.
Good luck!!
-
April 11th, 2006, 03:40 AM
#8
Inactive Member
If it were me, I'd just get the refund and start over--the replacement doll is not the one you bid on, and there's no telling what shape it's in.
Getting pictures of the replacement might be sound if you wind up buying the doll, but if you don't want to buy it, the seller may be difficult about giving you the refund after all that effort.
Sounds like it's just dragging out the process to me.
Just my humble opinion...
[img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
-
April 11th, 2006, 03:48 AM
#9
Inactive Member
The seller says that a neighbor had the same exact doll in great shape and sold it to her for 45.00. I paid 60.00 and she wants to send me this doll in place of the one that got ruined. I want either #7 or 19 but i haven't seen pictures of this doll. The seller also says it has the same outfit, retired rockstar, as the doll that was damaged. i just have a bad feeling about the whole thing right now. i don't know if the seller salvaged the outfit from the ruined doll or had a duplicate but my gut feeling is that there is no way i'm going to be happy with the outcome of this auction.
-
April 11th, 2006, 03:54 AM
#10
Inactive Member
I say, in that case, to just politely tell her that you'd rather have the refund. I'd also recommend telling her that you plan to give good feedback considering that she offered you an alternative doll. I mean, whether or not something was fishy, if you don't take the doll, she still did a nice thing in offering you an alternative. I'd say just take the cash and get one new from AG.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks